Friday, July 01, 2005

Congratulations Alternative Press

I would like to take this post to congratulate Alternative Press magazine on making it for 20 years. While I can't say that I've looked at one in almost 10 years (other than to gawk at the cover in disgust at the nu-metal band of the moment), at one time it did provide me with exposure to a lot of cool bands. Since my friend Will interned there in high school, I was able to go up there a few times and hangout with the staff who were all really cool and had amazing tastes in music (yeah, who would have guessed given the crap they cover) and were very nice to me despite only being a dumb kid. It sounded for a while like they weren't going to make it, but I think a string of wildly successful Marilyn Manson covers ( *gasp* ) helped pull them from the edge.

This week's Cleveland Scene Magazine has an interview with the best music writer I've ever read, and a weird but good guy, Jason Pettigrew, the editor-in-chief at AP. You can read the interview here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home